The purpose of Blades Elementary School is to provide a strong academic foundation in a caring community.
The mission of Blades Elementary School is to prepare our students to
become self-confident, responsible citizens by providing a strong
academic foundation in a caring community.
Blades Community Belief Statements
- Every child can learn.
- A strong educational foundation prepares children to be lifelong learners.
- Open communication among staff, parents, students, and the surrounding community is important.
- Our school should be a safe and secure environment for everyone.
- All children have strengths and needs that affect learning.
- A caring school community contributes to academic and personal success.
- All individuals are encouraged to be responsible citizens.
- Our school community supports a curiosity and a desire for learning.
- Education is a shared responsibility among staff, parents, students, and our community.
- Fair and consistent school rules and procedures promote positive behavior.
Blades School Touchstone
- Caring Bobcats, Changing Lives, It's who we are!
Blades School Rules
- Be respectful.
- Be safe.
- Be responsible.
Building and Facilities
Blades Elementary School is located in the heart of South St. Louis County.
Blades has a capacity for approximately 525 students. The two-story
school is located on a large piece of property with a beautiful view of
the community. We have 32 classrooms, a gymnasium, cafeteria, library,
and offices. The school is air-conditioned, handicapped-accessible, and
has an elevator.